Tuesday 26 December 2023

Best of 2023

 Cheryl's Linky Party is here again. This year I've not been so good at blogging. But I love my Instagram. So most of my things I make you can see there. Please visit Cheryl's blog to see what others have made this year.


Colourwash quilt

The first big quilt for the year was my scrappy colourwash quilt. It was displayed in Stavanger in March, and I'm really happy with how it came out. Here you can read more about it. 


Mini La Passion

I finished the top with about 17 000 hexies, sized 1/4". Just now I've almost finished hand quilting it, and I work with the special binding on it. In March it will go to an exhibition in Oslo, and surely I have to finish it before that. Here is more about it.


Chilhowie Mystery Quilt

Bonnie Hunter's mysteries are always tempting me. This time I made a smaller version of the quilt. And I'm really happy with it. You can read more here.


Postcard from Sweden

I've wanted to make this quilt for many years. This year it came true, and here it is. And some more about it here.


Hand made bowls

I tried some hand stitching on bowls this year. And I really love the result. I've planned to make some more of them. They are so useful for keeping the different small projects in. Here is where you can find out more about that project.


Linked up to:

Best of 2023 Linky Party

Midweek Makers

Wednesday Wait Loss 

Finished (or not) Friday 

18 comments:

  1. These are some amazing finishes, Turid!!! I'll be interested in seeing how you bind your Passion quilt. It is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilts that you share and of course have a special love for the tiny hexagons they are so much work and you spent a lot of time on them. A lot of people have moved to just Instagram, but I know a lot of us still enjoy reading blogs and staying caught up that way with other quilters - I try to do both for now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your mini La Passion quilt is amazing. I hope you have fun with the finishing details and are proud to have it in the show in Oslo in March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts! And those baskets are intriguing! Appreciate the link to read more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, look at that beautiful hexie quilt! That's the accomplishment of the decade, I think. Love your version of Chilhowie and the Postcards quilt, too. Happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects. Very impressed with the hexie quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive work. The fabric bowls look like a great project for a guild lesson. May have to try that. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your projects turned out beautifully. La Passion is gorgeous! Congrats on a very successful 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review of the year! Love you mini La Passion so much. All your project show such a great use of color! Have a great New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/27/wednesday-wait-loss-360

    ReplyDelete
  10. 17,000 hexies! Oh my goodness it's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv your color wash quilt! mine will be quilted in Jan luv all the other projects as well,you've had a good productive year

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning finishes. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your projects, Turid. Such a range of finishes. But there is nothing "mini" about your Mini La Passion quilt. It is an unrelenting labor of love, lots of love and of course passion. Wishing you lots of joy and creativity in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful finishes! Thanks for linking up with the Best of 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quarter inch hexies? Wowzer! It is beyond stunning. Hand quilted besides, it is truly a Masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete

Anonyme kommentarer blir slettet.
If you comment as anonym, the comment will be deleted.