Monday 26 December 2022

Best of 2022

As usual I love to take place in Cheryl's Linky Party to review the best posts from this year. Visit Cheryl to see what favorites others have. 


As last year I've taken part in challenges from Quilt Improv Studio. It's so fun to sew without a pattern. This one is called My Little Mondrian, and was made with primary colours. Here is the story.

 

Scrappy quilts are my favorites, and I made a blue pineapple quilt this year. It was exhibited in March for the annual meeting for Norwegian Quilt Association. You can read more about it here.


This year I've tried kawandi, and made some small quilts for needle cases. Here you can see one of them. I'd like to try a bigger kawandi one day.


 Some months ago I was contacted by my friend Preeti. She had made a beautiful quilt, and was featured in Make Modern magazine. She had decided to make a pattern for sale, and asked me for being a pattern tester. As I love challenges, I said yes at once. It is a really easy and beginner friendly pattern, and gives you a beautiful result. This is my version, and here your can read more about it. You can also find it in different colourways through the blog hop. Now I'm hand quilting it.

 

As always I have to include some pincushions, as I love them so much. Here's a post about my latest pincushions, but you can find more in the side bar or here.

Linked up to:

Best of 2022 Linky Party at Meadow Mist Designs

Design Wall Monday

Wednesday Wait Loss 

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a good and creative year! Improv sewing is so much fun! I try to take part in some improv off and on. Your pineapple quilt is wonderful with all the movement with the quilting. Kawandi is also on my bucket list. I should start with something small like your needle case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your finishes this year - your scrappy pineapple quilt is just stunning! I hope you have another productive year in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative year! I love your kawandi needle case, very pretty. And your blue scrappy pineapple quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done & I enjoyed seeing your lovely makes. Scraps do seem to multiply don't they? They look so good in that Pineapple quilt. Have a great quilty 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finishes! I love the pineapple quilt. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finishes especially the pineapple quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely finishes! The best part for me is that I remember each and every one being sewn. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful year in quilts!! SEW many lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a parade of beautiful quilts, Turid! And such a wide variety of projects from very traditional to modern, big and small. You are such a versatile quilter and I enjoy your work. Wishing you continued creativity in the new year. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is wonderful. I enjoy the variety you have shared - so many different sorts of projects. The Pineapple quilt is amazing and the mountains behind the quilt are stunning. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonyme kommentarer blir slettet.
If you comment as anonym, the comment will be deleted.