Saturday 31 March 2018

Try a Technique with Island Batik

As Island Batik Ambassadors we get a new challenge every month. This month we were supposed to try a new technique, something we hadn't done before. I have always thought about doing a 3D quilt, from a book written by Kirsti Hovland I got some years ago. This was just the right time to do it.
All the materials used here is given me by Island Batik.





I used Aurifil Thread for the quilting.


Here are links to the other Island Batik Ambassadors. Check out their March #TryATechniqueIB challenges!  
Barbara at Bejeweled Quilts
Bea at BeaQuilter
Carole at Carole Lyles Shaw
Connie at Kauffman Designs
Dione at Clever Chameleon
Geraldine at Living Water Quilter
Janet at Whispers of Yore
Jeanette at Inchworm Fabrics
Jennifer at Curlicue Creations
Jennifer at Dizzy Quilter
Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter
Joyce at heARTs Creations
Kathleen at Kathleen McMusing
Leanne at Devoted Quilter
Mania at Mania for Quilts
Maryellen at Mary Mack Made Mine
Michelle at Creative Blonde
Pamela at PamelaQuilts
Sally at Sally Manke
Sandra at MMM Quilts
Sherry at Powered by Quilting  
Stephanie at Steph Jacobson

Linked up to
Crazy mom quilts
Show Off Saturday

9 comments:

  1. this looks great, is the kite string braided fabric? how did you attached the ribbons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this happy quilt a lot. I have pinned this to my texture ideas board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence! Kite was the theme of my mystery calendar quilt for March. I like your 3d kite! https://maniaforquilts.com/2018/03/01/calendar-quilt-march-%CF%80%CE%AC%CF%80%CE%BB%CF%89%CE%BC%CE%B1-%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%BB%CF%8C%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%BF-%CE%BC%CE%AC%CF%81%CF%84%CE%B9%CE%BF%CF%82/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and spring like quilt! You did a great job on your new technique - I find myself really inspired by kite shapes lately. Maybe its another theme coming up in this group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. En flott 3-D quilt med nydelig drage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Så fint det blev!! Kul med 3-D tekniken!

    ReplyDelete

Anonyme kommentarer blir slettet.
If you comment as anonym, the comment will be deleted.