Saturday, 5 September 2026

Old fabrics - new quilt

 This summer I decided to hand quilt one of two quilt tops I made using fabrics from old shirts and dresses. The batting is sewn together small cut-offs from other quilting projects. The back side is an old duvet cover. And best of all, the binding is an old table cloth. I'm always proud of myself when I can make a quilt without buying new fabrics.

I quilted it with diagonal lines, with dark blue thread. Actually I started with offwhite thread. But I soon realized that it was difficult to sew straight lines through the thickest parts. So I changed to blue, which didn't show very much. I could then go a bit away from the lines, and you can barely see it.





Linked up to:

Wednesday Wait Loss

 OhScrap!

7 comments:

  1. It looks very cosy! It is a nice use of old fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich colors all around--front, back and that fabulous binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice I like the colors and old scraps have their uses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you really did use up all your scraps--old clothes, batting, and a table cloth to make this. What a way to recycle! And the result is so pretty. Love it. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/02/wednesday-wait-loss-500

    ReplyDelete
  5. This scrappy quilt looks so comfy. I'm impressed that you quilted it by hand. All those pieces must be something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your scrappy quilt and also your previous scrappy ball blog post. They are great examples of Scrap Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teppet ditt er nydelig. Jeg liker fargene, og jeg er veldig imponert over at du har quiltet det for hånd. Det er et fantastisk arbeid, laget av gjenbruksmaterialer.
    Sender deg en klem, Viola

    ReplyDelete

Anonyme kommentarer blir slettet.
If you comment as anonym, the comment will be deleted.