Friday 23 February 2024

Mini La Passion - a finish

 At last, after about 10 years, it's finished. All hand pieced and hand quilted. And as this is my second La Passion, it won't be another. It's been so fun through all the 17 300 hexies. This last one has a size that I can handle and that I can hang up on my wall. But first it will be sent to an exhibition in Oslo next month. Size: 131 cm x 135 cm.

Here is a picture of the back side so that you can see the quilting, and some close up pictures to show the edge and how I did that.





If you like to read more about this project you can look here. And my first La Passion you can read about here.

Linked up to:

Wednesday Wait Loss

Midweek Makers

Finished (or not) Friday!

Needle and Thread Thursday

Slow Sunday Stitching 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is exquisite! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this quilt is just amazing - those pieces so tiny! this pattern is what pushed me to make a hexagon quilt of another design but my hexies are huge in comparison 7/8"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, Turid! Congratulations on another beautiful finish. I hope you will be able to go and see it in Oslo.
    (This is Vireya, but for some reason Google/Blogger won't log me in.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is gorgeous! I can understand why it took 10 years to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a labor of love! What a gorgeous quilt. Congratulations on a marvelous finish. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/21/wednesday-wait-loss-368

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing and gorgeous!!!! Well done and congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful, Turid! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!!! That is stunning - and so many little pieces!!! I am so impressed

    ReplyDelete

Anonyme kommentarer blir slettet.
If you comment as anonym, the comment will be deleted.