Sunday 28 August 2022

Repairing an old quilt

This quilt was made for my elder son twenty one years ago.  I'm so happy it's well used. But now it was in a really bad condition, and it was time to do something with it. I decided to replace a section and repair some other pieces. I had to rip out the hand quilting to do that, and then quilt it again. Now it will last another year or more, until I've made him a new one.



Look at this black fabric. It looks like it was put in there yesterday. But it's really just as old as the others around, and has been in this quilt since it was made.



Linked up to:

Slow Sunday Stitching

Peacock Party


2 comments:

  1. good job! I too have repaired quilts the kids have used so hard that they are falling apart - some can no longer be repaired so I just make them new ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well used means well loved that's what we want our quilts to be.

    ReplyDelete

Anonyme kommentarer blir slettet.
If you comment as anonym, the comment will be deleted.