Tuesday 19 October 2021

Blues

I really love the challenges from Quiltimprovstudio. This time the quilt was supposed be monochromatic, we had to use different shades of just one colour. As I love blue, my quilt got blue. 

It's so fun and interesting to sew without a pattern. I could just sew and cut, and fill in if the block was too small. My first thought was to keep to squares. But this last week I put in some circles or round shapes. And I love how my quilt changed by that.

The quilt named "Blues" is 25"x27", and is straight line quilted with blue Aurifil 50/2 thread. Enjoy the photoes taken by the sea yesterday.






Linked up to:

Design Wall Monday

Monday Making

Stitch, sew & show

Wednesday Wait Loss 

Midweek Makers 

Needle and Thread Thursday

Finished (or not) Friday

Can I get a Whoop Whoop?

Peacock Party 

Favorite Finish Monthly Link-up 

15 comments:

  1. Jeg liker virkelig en vakker blå.
    Du har laget et fantastisk mønster ... en veldig flott Quilt.
    Takk for flotte bilder ved sjøen.
    Mange hilsener til deg fra Viola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sew pretty. Your blues look wonderful in your improv quilt. Thank you for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful improv quilt. With your setting, it reminds me of sea glass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, improv at it’s best! Love your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty darned spectacular! Love the colors, and those circles really do give it some pop! Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great improv quilt. It turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous improv quilt. Blue is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!! this one is stunningly fantastic! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous quilt, especially by the sea! Love it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Turid, what a great improv quilt. I love the colours and the shapes. Thanks for introducing me to Quiltimprovstudio. I will watch for their next challenge. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cushions, of course, it's really fun to give such a beautiful gift!

    មាន់ជល់តាមអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete

Anonyme kommentarer blir slettet.
If you comment as anonym, the comment will be deleted.