Friday 26 October 2018

Needle, paper, scissors with Island Batik

The October challenge from Island Batik is to sew something paper pieced. As I'm a hexielover it had to be hexies for me. So this is what I came up with.

 Please note: The Island Batik fabrics featured in this post were given to me for use in my role as an Island Batik Ambassador. I used Aurifil Thread for piecing, and HOBBS batting cotton.





I started out with 53 hexagons, size 1/2". Most of those fabrics are from the line Petting Zoo.


I used Hobbs cotton batting, and blue Aurifil Thread for the quilting.



I can use this pouch for thread, or for my hexies. Perfect for bringing with me when I travel.







Linked up to
Finished or not Friday
TGIFF 
Can I get a whoop whoop? 
Show Off Saturday

13 comments:

  1. perfect! and so pretty love those colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute little pouch! and of course I expected hexies from you when these theme was posted! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful little pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice way to use up small pieces of fabric Turid and make something special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I've been following you on Instagram but didn't realise you have a blog. I'm having a great time with the 100 hexies in 100 days and love your posts. I really like what you did with the hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job, love the hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! This is amazingly gorgeous! Sorry to be late commenting, trying to catch up on some visiting!
    I have some paper hexies this size, at least I think they are, and some teeny scraps I couldn’t throw away! .... oh why didn’t I think of using my scraps this way? Thanks for the idea!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Anonyme kommentarer blir slettet.
If you comment as anonym, the comment will be deleted.